Per Diem Family Shelter Support Staff
Date Posted/Updated: 06/22/2021
No. of Positions Open: Ongoing/Always Open
Position Type: Per diem (as needed), no hours guaranteed, non-benefits eligible
COTS is currently recruiting for dynamic, organized individuals who are committed to our mission and are available to work on an on-call, per diem basis as substitute staff in our Family Shelters, helping to cover gaps in schedules and staff vacations. COTS Family Shelter has two locations in Burlington that are open 24 hours and house up to 15 families at a time.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of persons and property in the shelter.
- Support shelter residents in their search for permanent housing
- Introduce and orient residents to shelter life.
- Enforce the applicable expectations and policies.
- Maintain a safe and supportive environment while building trusting relationships with individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Qualified candidates will have the willingness and flexibility to work overnight and weekend shifts.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a committed team is necessary.
- Strong communication skills, sense of fairness and human dignity and crisis management skills are required.
- Experience working in homeless direct service preferred.
This is currently a per diem position, without benefits, but has the possibility of leading to part or full-time employment.
To receive the best consideration, submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.