Get Help

COTS has services and shelters for Vermonters at risk of losing their home or becoming homeless or currently experiencing homelessness. Our services address those in imminent risk of losing housing as well as those currently without a home.

I Currently Do Not Have a Home

Call us at 802-864-7402


Adults 18+ with no children

Come to the COTS Daystation on 95 North Ave, Burlington from 9am - 5pm.

  • Open 365 days a year, 7 days a week
  • Lunch served daily at 12:30pm
  • Shower
  • Laundry
  • Computers
  • and other necessities

Mon - Fri, 9:00am - 5:00pm (802) 864-7402
Weekends (802) 862-5418

After 4:30 pm and you have no other alternative, call

187 Church St, Burlington, VT 05451
(802) 862-7776
6:15 pm - 8:00 am

Take a virtual tour of the Daystation or Waystation

Start Tour


Come to the COTS Housing Resource Center on 95 North Ave, Burlington from 9am - 5pm. We accommodate as many families as possible on a first-come first-served basis.


Mon - Fri, 9:00am - 5:00pm (802) 864-7402

After 5 pm or on a weekend and you have no other alternative, call:

Main St Family Shelter
Phone: (802) 864-2651

Take a virtual tour of the Family Shelter.

Start Tour


Individuals younger than 18 years old

Contact Spectrum Youth and Family Services at 802-864-7423 on weekdays during business hours.

Visit them on their website:

Spectrum Youth & Family Services

Out of State

Visitors from out-of-state or out of town

Due to limited resources and a continued lack of shelter beds, COTS requires that people receiving assistance be currently in the area. We prioritize first the needs of people in Chittenden County, then the state, and lastly those from outside Vermont. If you are planning on relocating to Vermont, we urge you to please call COTS first to discuss your situation.

I Am At Risk of Losing My Home

Call us at 802-864-7402

The Housing and Opportunity Program (HOP) Financial Assistance is short-term or one-time financial help for individuals and families experiencing and at risk of homelessness to achieve safe housing. 

In Chittenden County, financial assistance is administered by The Champlain Office of Economic Opportunity (also known as CVOEO).

Financial Assistance and Housing Navigation — CVOEO

All requests must be tied to a housing plan to support immediate housing stability with an identified timeline. Financial assistance is provided to households who would become or remain homeless WITHOUT financial assistance alone. Households will be required to provide documentation on their housing status, income verification, and documentation of liability.

COTS Private Funds

The COTS Housing Resource Center (HRC) provides financial assistance to qualified households to help with back rent, utility arrears, utility deposits, short-term subsidies, and security deposits.

The goal of the COTS Private Fund is to stabilize housing for households who are experiencing housing insecurity. COTS private funds are targeted towards uses that are not met by other funding sources, as such applicants are required to explore all other funding sources, including HOP, prior to applying at COTS.

Base eligibility for all COTS private funds:

  • Currently residing in Chittenden County

  • Currently a tenant of COTS

Types of financial assistance:

  • Security Deposit

  • Short term subsidy

  • Back rent or debt

  • Moving assistance

  • Utility assistance

  • Other housing-related expenses to be determined


  • Funds are available on a limited basis by the availability of resources

  • To apply for this fund speak to your COTS Housing Navigator

Housing Resource Center (HRC)

95 North Ave, Burlington, VT 05401

Phone: 802-864-7402
 Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm

Email Us

Community Resources

You can also download or print these resources.