Front Desk Receptionist
Date Posted/Updated: 11/06/2023
No. of Positions Open: One (1) Full-time, 40 hrs/wk
COTS is looking for a Front Desk Receptionist to support various administrative functions and general operations for our organization. This role serves as the first point of contact for many of our guests, donors, volunteers, and community stakeholders. The right candidate for this role will be able to adapt and flex quickly; the ability to multitask is a must. No day will look the same as the one before, but each day will bring an opportunity to provide critical support to our teams, including our direct service team members who are supporting the guests and clients we serve.
Primary responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Reliably and consistently provide coverage for our Reception area, including: answering phones and directing callers to the appropriate resource; welcoming visitors, determining their reason for visiting, and connecting them to the appropriate COTS team member to address their needs; opening and closing the COTS main office following established protocols and safety measures.
- Supporting supplies inventory including tracking and ordering supplies, notifying appropriate team members of arrival, and ensuring supplies are distributed as needed.
- Working closely with the Development team during our annual events and giving season to support in-kind donation acceptance and organization.
- Enter data into our HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) and other systems as applicable.
- Assist with meeting and event preparation.
- Ensuring the office environments are organized, stocked, and maintain a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
- Partner closely with the Office Manager to ensure organizational documents such as phone lists are kept up to date.
- Collect and distribute mail. This includes picking mail up from the post office and sorting.
- Requires the ability to travel locally within the Burlington area.
- This role will support all areas of the organization with administrative projects as needed.
The hours for this position are Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position.
We are looking for an adaptable self-starter who can jump in and pivot tasks frequently. Organization and attention to detail are critical in this role. The right candidate is passionate about our mission and the work that we do, and someone who is looking for a dynamic position in a nonprofit where you will help out with a little bit of everything.
Requirements for this position are:
- High school degree with some post-secondary coursework is required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in office administration required, preferably in human services or a nonprofit environment.
- A combination of experience and coursework in lieu of either requirement will be considered.
- Must have advanced computer skills and be able to use Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong candidates will have experience with individuals experiencing homelessness and crisis intervention.
- Ability to work with individuals with mental health, medical, substance abuse and employment issues required.
- Minimal local travel between COTS facilities may be required.
All positions at COTS require a commitment to our mission: Advocating for long-term solutions to end homelessness and provide emergency shelter, services, and long-term housing for Vermonters who are experiencing homelessness or are marginally housed.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.