“Wrapping” Up the Holidays at COTS
We want to say a huge thank you to everyone who donated this holiday season. Whether that be toys and holiday gifts for the families that we serve, high-need items from our wish list, or monetary donations, we appreciate you immensely. We could not do what we do and provide resources to people experiencing homelessness without you.
Here are some highlights of the many drives and events which took place this holiday season:
- COTS’ annual Candlelight Vigil was held in-person on Tuesday, December 21 – the same day as National Homeless Persons’ Memorial Day and the Winter Solstice – to honor and remember those who have passed while homeless. Last year, we asked our supporters to light a candle at home. This year COTS took measures to hold the event in-person.
- COTS had a successful holiday gift drive, with many donations of toys and gifts for children in shelter or utilizing COTS services. Many COTS supporters and members of the community donated our holiday wish list items and gift cards, making this holiday season special for everyone – thank you!
- Dee PT held the annual diaper drive, benefitting COTS and JLCV. “The Great Diaper Dump” was held as a one-day drop-off at the Dee PT office and also collected donations at UVM hockey games on 12/10 – 12/11. Many diapers were collected to help out families utilizing COTS services, and we are incredibly grateful to Dee PT and everyone who donated!
- City Market kicked off another successful Tree Sale benefitting COTS. Trees were put out on 12/1 at the downtown location and 12/3 at the South End store. All of the trees sold out within three days, and all proceeds will benefit COTS. Additionally, the Intervale Center will be planting a tree for every tree that was sold. Thank you to city market for holding another incredibly successful tree sale this holiday season!
- COTS concluded the annual Phonathon! We are incredibly grateful to all of the amazing volunteers who made phone calls and left voicemails to past COTS supporters and donors. We surpassed our goal of $205,000!
Thank you so much to everyone who helped put on these events and made the holiday season a big giving season this year. A huge thanks are also due to everyone who held donation drives or partner events – we see you and we appreciate you Sugarsnap Bakery, Sherpa Foods, August First, Slate, Bag Balm, Darn Tough, Norwich University Cadets, and many many more. We are so grateful to all of our supporters, donors, volunteers, and community partners! Thank you for making this holiday season special for people experiencing homelessness.