St. John’s Hall

History: Built in 1895, St. John’s Hall was originally a social club and bingo hall. In 1988, COTS’ then StJ - full bldg-3x5Executive Director, Sr. Lucille Bonvouloir, proposed purchasing and remodeling the run-down building. In 1990, renovations began, transforming the space into permanent housing for low-incoming and formerly homeless individuals. In 1991, COTS welcomed the first residents of St. John’s Hall. In 1992, COTS received the Maxwell Award for Excellence from the Fannie Mae Foundation for developing St. John’s Hall.

About our Program:

  • Housing: St. John’s Hall has 22 single-resident occupancy (SRO) rooms and four one-bedroom apartments with kitchens and baths. Common space on the second floor includes shared kitchen, bathrooms, laundry, and living and dining areas.
  • Services: A COTS residential manager lives on site.