If You Need Housing
OR ARE AT RISK OF BECOMING HOMELESS
The COTS Housing Resource Center (HRC) provides one-time financial grants to qualified households to help with back rent, mortgage payments and security deposits. The Security Deposit Loan Program can help repair damaged credit history.
You may qualify if:
- You are a resident of Chittenden County;
- You have a form of income (employment, state assistance, social security, etc.);
- Your income exceeds your expenses;
- You are living in housing that is affordable based on your income;
- Your landlord is willing to continue with a rental agreement;
- Your rent is in arrears (assistance does not include current month’s rent);
- You have not received HRC assistance in the past 12 months.
* Funds are available on a limited basis and are based on availability of resources. Prevention grants do not cover late fees, legal fees, or court costs. Security deposit grants and the Security Deposit Loan Program are for people who are currently homeless.
HRC OFFICE HOURS AND LOCATION
Call (802) 861-0110 to make an appointment.
The HRC office located at 179 S. Winooski Ave in Burlington. Hours by appointment only are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
Please bring the following materials with you:
- Copies of pay stubs or income verification;
- A letter from your housing provider that states the amount you owe and for what months; must include housing provider’s name, address and telephone number;
- A copy of your lease.