TAKE THE CHALLENGE
COTS needs your help
Check in at 1 p.m.; Walk at 2 p.m.
WHAT IS IT?
- A Challenge Walker individual or team agrees to raise $1,000 or more for COTS to support shelter and services for those who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
- An anonymous donor has generously donated a matching grant for Challenge Walker donations. So, your Walk efforts go even further when you agree to take the challenge.
WHY SHOULD I DO IT?
- Prevent a family from becoming homeless: $1,000 is the average amount it takes to help a family stay in their home;
- Learn more about homelessness and how COTS implements innovative solutions to end the crisis;
- Raise critical money to provide shelter, prevention relief and support services;
- Receive public recognition in the COTS newsletter, on the COTS website at the Annual Meeting, and a certificate;
- Show community support.
WHAT MORE CAN I DO?
- Take the Challenge yourself: Individual walkers who raise $1,000 receive a special thank you, public recognition, exclusive COTS gear and certificate.
- Set up an online fundraising page, and share the event with family and friends via email, text and social media (#COTSWalk)
- Invite COTS to speak with your school, business, community or faith group.
HOW DO I “TAKE THE CHALLENGE?”
- Register – as team or individual – at www.cotsonline.org.
- Attend the COTS Walk Mixer, 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, April 5, at Hotel Vermont in Burlington. There, you can learn more about COTS, how Walk donations provide shelter and services, and get fundraising tips, and visit with other walkers!
- Questions? Contact Sian Leach at email@example.com or (802) 864-7402, Ext. 207.