4th Annual COTS Zumbathon® Event
Sunday, November 15th! Save the date for the 4th Annual Zumbathon® for COTS at Contois
Auditorium. Help raise money for the COTS Daystation while making every move count. Create a FirstGiving fundraising page or donate directly to a fundraiser.
The fundraiser, organized by former COTS Daystation staffer and Zumba® instructor Kate Barash-Engel, will be a great way to give back to the community while having a great time. Never done Zumba® before? No problem! This is a great opportunity to try it out with friends!
The goal this year is $10,000, with all proceeds benefitting the COTS Daystation.
There will be raffle prizes, amazing local instructors, killer music and more Zumba® than you’ll know what to do with!
Doors open at 12:30 pm.
Zumba starts at 1 pm!
- Cost: Fundraise a minimum of $100 on FirstGiving or $35 at the door, as space allows. More: Zumba® Facebook Event.
- What to Bring: Water, towel, shoes, and cash for raffle tickets
- Questions? Need help? Call Kate at (802) 999-9748 or email email@example.com
How do I set up my online fundraising site?
- It’s easy! Visit https://www.firstgiving.com/COTS/4th-annual-zumbathon-for-cots and read the instructions.
- Click “Register,” then select the number of participants.
- You’ll need to provide your email address and create a password the first time.
- Now the fun part starts! Upload photos and personalize your page however you’d like. Upload your email address book or reach out to your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking sites.
Now you are up and running! Post your link on Facebook and Twitter and send out your emails.
How to Ask for Pledges and Other Fundraising Tips
- Ask your friends, family and co-workers. Pick up the phone, send an email, or write a letter. Chances are they want to support you and COTS.
- Use Facebook, Twitter and other social media. These days, it’s easy to tell your friends what you are up to on a daily basis. Now you can tell them about the COTS Zumbathon® and give them a link to your online fundraising page (see below).
- Direct Online donations to your FirstGiving page: https://www.firstgiving.com/COTS/4th-annual-zumbathon-for-cots
- If online fundraising isn’t your thing, use an envelope to collect cash or checks. Keep a record and make sure to give your donors a receipt.
Please Note: If supporters want to send checks in directly, make sure they are payable to “COTS” and ask them to make a note about the Zumbathon® and your team name so we can include it in your fundraising total!
- Not sure what to say in your email or letter to supporters? You can take a look at the sample message found in this Fundraising Tips worksheet for inspiration (just modify it to link in with the 4th Annual Zumbathon® for COTS instead of the COTS Walk).
Zumba®, Zumbathon®, and Zumba® Fitness are trademarks of Zumba Fitness, LLC used under license.