National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week – COTS’ Events!
Want to support COTS during National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week?
National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week occurs between November 12th to November 20th! Come and show your support to COTS!
November 16 from 4:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- Bluebird Barbecue will be hosting COTS on November 16 from 4:30 pm to 9:30 pm! COTS will receive 10% of the sales from the evening.
- Want to attend? Join our Facebook invitation!
- Please direct all questions to our Community Outreach and Volunteer Specialist Sian Leach at (802) 864-7402 x 207 or email@example.com
Presentation by Jennifer Hurley at UVM!
November 17 from 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Davis Center, Sugar Maple Ballroom, 590 Main ST, Burlington, VT 05401
- Jennifer Hurley, program coordinator for University of Vermont‘s early childhood special education program and assistant professor of education conducted a qualitative research study with her students at the University of Vermont College of Education and Social Services, in partnership with COTS.
- The purpose of the study was for Early Intervention service providers working with infants and toddlers in Vermont to gain a better understanding of how and where EI services were being delivered to Vermont families who are homeless. The EI service providers interviewed families who are homeless about barriers and beneficial practices. The focus was on homeless children, ages 0-3, in Vermont who were in shelters, cars, tents, and other places not meant for meant for human habitation.