- Institute for Children and Poverty – www.homesforthehomeless.com
An independent research and policy think tank based in New York City that conducts national research on the causes of family homelessness, the demographics of this growing population, and the programs most effective in assisting homeless families to transition to stability and self-sufficiency.
- National Center for Homeless Education – www.serve.org/nche
Provides numerous resources on homelessness and education for homeless children and youth.
- National Center on Family Homelessness – www.familyhomelessness.org
A nonprofit organization (previously known as The Better Homes Fund) that is working toward long-term solutions that help homeless families become self-supporting and active participants in community life. Their mission is to translate research findings and field experience into innovative programs benefiting homeless families across the country.
- National Coalition for the Homeless – www.nationalhomeless.org
A national advocacy network of homeless persons, activities, service providers and others committed to ending homelessness through public education, policy advocacy, grassroots organizing, and technical assistance. The site includes a searchable bibliographic database with reference to research on homelessness, housing, and poverty. Also links to local state and national homeless/housing organizations.
- National Coalition for Homeless Veterans – www.nchv.org
Provides legislative advocacy, public education and technical assistance for service providers of homeless veterans.
- National Student Campaign Against Hunger & Homelessness –www.nscahh.org
A coalition of students and community members across the country to end hunger and homelessness through service projects and action. NSCAHH trains students on strategies to improve or create service projects that meet their community’s needs.
- National Healthcare for the Homeless Council – www.nhchc.org
- National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty – www.nlchp.org
- National Low-income Housing Coalition – www.nlihc.org
- National Alliance to End Homelessness – www.endhomelessness.org
- Vermont Housing Awareness Campaign – www.housingawareness.org
- Vermont Coalition to End Homelessness – www.helpingtohousevt.org
- Vermont Affordable Housing Coalition – http://www.vtaffordablehousing.org
- Vermont Housing Data – http://www.housingdata.org/doarh
- Vermont Housing Awareness Campaign – http://www.housingawareness.org/index.php
- Vermont Housing Finance Agency – http://www.vhfa.org/